Stand Together builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. We are building a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders who maximize the value of their contribution of time, talent, and resources to inspiring and equipping principled social-change entrepreneurs to bring us closer to a society of mutual benefit by eliminating injustice of all kinds. We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Stand Together seeks a Director, Planned Giving to join its team. The Director of Planned Giving will work within a fast-moving team to create and implement member engagement strategy. This role will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with current and prospective members and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a demonstrated track record of leading a team while also cultivating a personal portfolio of current partners and prospects.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to member engagement from a portfolio of partners
- Collaborate and partner with network groups to create member development plans to increase engagement that supports long-term strategic network objectives
- Discover, build, cultivate, and grow long-term relationships with current and prospective members utilizing “Moves Management” techniques
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing individual planned giving strategies with donors and other team members
- Coordinate with development team staff, executives and other internal resources to plan personal interactions with members, including face-to-face meetings and event participation
- Create and participate in a wide-variety of member meetings, this includes traveling nationally
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership and the development team on long-term focus strategies
- Utilize, monitor and deploy resources wisely to achieve development goals for a portfolio of current and prospective major supporters
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of work experience required
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional environment is required
- Past experience in major gift fundraising (working with high value donor dollars) and a familiarity with concepts of Moves Management is preferred or other sales experience. A demonstrated record of success in a career such as law, consulting, accounting, or financial planning may be substituted for fundraising/sales experience
- A familiarity with tax, legal, and financial concepts and strategies involved in estate and philanthropic planning
- A passion and commitment to free-market principles
- Ability to prioritize, and advanced skills in strategic planning and coordination with great attention to detail and follow-through
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership ability or entrepreneurial behavior
- Humility, integrity, passion, motivation, and a self-starter attitude
Diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.