Stand Together seeks a dynamic, flexible, and detail-focused professional to join our Research Team. The Prospect Research Manager provides critical support to the organization by performing in depth research on current and prospective donors to help expand our partnerships and to inform effective engagement while utilizing data, creativity and innovation to proactively identify new prospects for donor pipeline.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Driving decisions using data, trend analysis, and prospect research knowledge, you will work as a fundraising partner to creatively identify, research, and analyze new prospects and existing donors for cultivation and solicitation.
- Perform focused research regarding prospective and existing donors to capture and assess factors including wealth, capacity, and donor interest areas by utilizing Internet and subscription research databases and resources to locate, analyze, interpret, organize, and distribute actionable information regarding financial capacity and propensity, including analyzing compensation information, stocks, options and retirement plans, property transactions, and philanthropic interests.
- Determine appropriate content including biographical and business information, financial assets, areas of interest and philanthropic support, and community interests; collaborate with community staff to provide research-based analysis to assist with cultivation/solicitation strategies; assist in identifying potential new prospects for key initiatives.
- Synthesize research into organized reports to inform the appropriate outreach and communication approach and help prepare fundraisers to effectively engage with current and prospective donor partners.
- Advanced strategic comprehension skills, including the ability to understand and translate prospects’ personal and philanthropic background and interests and how they align with Stand Together and its programs.
- Innovate and identify new research techniques, strategies, and sources.
- Provide the team with additional research and support as necessary.
- Maintain guidelines and policies for accurate and ethical management of donor and prospect information.
- Collaborate with different departments and colleagues to devise database enhancements, process improvements, and enhanced techniques.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of advancement research, development, fundraising, and/or market research experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with demonstrated competencies in applied marketing research, marketing and/or financial analysis, library science, journalism, economics, business communications and/or similar fields considered.
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to dedicate attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, take initiative, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, exhibiting self-reliance, dependability, trustworthiness, good listening skills, and an ability to form effective working partnerships with colleagues.
- An independent problem solver who can think proactively, take initiative, set priorities, and bring tasks to completion with appropriate follow-up, all within a complexly structured and evolving team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, to solve problems and to meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner and demonstrating tact and diplomacy working with a wide variety of personalities.
- High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion; proven ability to apply good judgment and responsible decision-making.
- Commitment to the organization’s vision.
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Understanding of and competency with the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Basic and Advanced Skill Sets as written in the APRA Body of Knowledge.
- Individuals with experience working in the nonprofit sector, and/or an academic or research institution, and who have been involved in fundraising or development.
- Proven library, research and analytical techniques, emphasizing the ability to gather, evaluate and synthesize complex and data from various sources and present information in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Supervisory experience.
Stand Together builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. We are building a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders who maximize the value of their contribution of time, talent, and resources to inspiring and equipping principled social-change entrepreneurs to bring us closer to a society of mutual benefit by eliminating injustice of all kinds. We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees. Eight Guiding Principles that encourage principled thought and action form the MBM® culture: Integrity, Stewardship & Compliance, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Knowledge, Humility, Respect, and Self-Actualization.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.