Do you understand the power of bringing the right people together with the right ideas? Are you motivated by a strong desire to do good in the world? We’re glad you’re here. Stand Together builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
The Director of Institutional Partnerships will build key relationships with institutions including: major financial institutions, wealth management firms, substantial family offices, and community foundations in order to create mutually beneficial partnerships that promote Stand Together’s vision and create new prospective donor channels. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with a demonstrated track record of building and managing institutional partnership programs, while simultaneously identifying creative opportunities to drive growth. Entering a fast-paced and intentionally flexible organization, the Director of Institutional Partnerships will work with multiple internal groups and external institutional partners to design strategies that will drive long-term growth.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Stand Together’s vision, values, strategies, and internal teams
- Build, manage, and scale mutually beneficial institutional partnerships that result in advocacy for Stand Together, referral programs, and new prospective donor channels
- Build credibility and act independently to cultivate relationships that create value for our institutional partners and advance our vision
- Liaise with internal teams and external partners to optimize opportunities for impact
- Develop partnership evaluation measurements and maintain the quality of the portfolio
- Plan and manage introductions to other key Stand Together partners
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 7+ years’ experience in a professional environment with 5+ years in institutional sales, partnerships, or program management
- Experience managing high-value nonprofit or major financial institution partnership programs strongly preferred
- Ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion and manage a complex portfolio of partner engagements
- Demonstrated ability to implement a business development strategy or program from concept through successful execution
- Adaptable to a highly flexible and continuously evolving environment
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and a high sense of urgency
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce highly preferred
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.