Charles Koch Foundation is looking for an experienced development professional to work with a team of highly dynamic, fast-paced fundraisers to drive engagement in Post-Secondary Education philanthropy. This is an opportunity to put your development and strategic planning skills to a new role focusing on driving collaboration toward high value funding opportunities in the Post-Secondary Education space throughout the United States.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Serve as the key internal resource for Post Secondary Education funding opportunities through collaboration and knowledge sharing across internal and external teams
- Work with organizational leaders to identify, develop, and promote compelling funding opportunities aligned with organizational vision and strategy
- Coordinate with gift officers to share information, help set priorities, and equip them to speak effectively to donor partners about efforts and opportunities in this area, serving as their key strategic fundraising partner for Higher education
- Develop and deploy strategies for priority higher education initiative utilizing high performance cross-functional teams and various internal fundraising capabilities to achieve annual and long-term funding goals
- Drive the tracking and evaluating of fundraising trends in Post Secondary Education in order to build recommendations to improve processes
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5+ years of related experience in fundraising including in development, advancement, or stewardship roles
- Extensive knowledge of Moves Management or other donor cultivation techniques
- Experience generating fundraising content and products
- Demonstrated ability to manage and drive a portfolio of relationships
- Exceptional customer focus skills and ability to anticipate needs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative and ability to take an entrepreneurial approach
- Strong attention to detail
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience in Post Secondary education philanthropy
Everyone has the ability to learn, contribute, and succeed if they have the opportunity to do so. The Charles Koch Institute and the Charles Koch Foundation advance ideas to help all people realize their potential, by challenging convention and eliminating barriers that stifle creativity and progress.
To realize that North Star, we support educational programs, research, and dialogue—working alongside hundreds of universities and nonprofit partners around the country. All our work is guided by a commitment to unite with anyone to do right and identify new perspectives, to help people accomplish great things for themselves and others.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.