Are you passionate about using research and data to formulate innovative insights? Do you find yourself spotting organizational gaps and opportunities independently? Stand Together seeks a dynamic, data-driven, and detail-oriented professional to join our prospect research team.
The Sr. Research Analyst provides critical support to the development organization by performing in-depth research on prospective partners in order to gain key insights and guide partner engagement strategies. This position will also play a role in developing metrics and dashboards to further the effectiveness of the prospect research team.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Driving development and partnership strategies using data, trend analysis, and prospect research knowledge.
- Working as a fundraising partner to creatively identify, research, and analyze new prospects and existing donors for cultivation and solicitation.
- Perform focused research regarding prospective and existing donors to capture and assess factors including wealth, capacity, and donor interest areas by utilizing Internet and subscription research databases and resources to locate, analyze, interpret, organize, and distribute actionable information regarding financial capacity and propensity, including analyzing compensation information, stocks, options and retirement plans, property transactions, and philanthropic interests.
- Determine appropriate content including biographical and business information, financial assets, areas of interest and philanthropic support, and community interests; collaborate with community staff to provide research-based analysis to assist with cultivation/solicitation strategies; assist in identifying potential new prospects for key initiatives.
- Synthesize research into organized engagement strategies to inform the appropriate outreach and communication approach and help prepare fundraisers to effectively engage with current and prospective donor partners.
- Innovate and identify new research techniques, strategies, and sources.
- Collaborate with different departments and colleagues to devise database enhancements, process improvements, and enhanced techniques.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of advancement research, development, fundraising, and/or market research experience.
- Proven propensity for digging into databases and using research data to advise business partners on high impact growth strategies.
- Strong sense of curiosity and attention to detail.
- An independent problem solver who can think proactively, take initiative, set priorities, and bring tasks to completion with appropriate follow-up, all within a complexly structured and evolving team.
- High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion; proven ability to apply good judgment and responsible decision-making.
- Commitment to the organization’s vision.
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Understanding of and competency with the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Basic and Advanced Skill Sets as written in the APRA Body of Knowledge.
- Individuals with experience working in the nonprofit sector, and/or an academic or research institution, and who have been involved in fundraising or development.
- Proven library, research and analytical techniques, emphasizing the ability to gather, evaluate and synthesize complex and data from various sources and present information in a clear and cohesive manner.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.