We seek to empower those dedicated to the betterment of themselves and others, starting with our team. We provide a unique work culture—one that that encourages people to think like entrepreneurs and problem solvers, embraces change, and values every person.
Sound like the type of environment that will allow you to pursue your passions?
If so, we hope you’ll review our current openings and apply to the opportunities that speak to your skills and passions. If you’re not sure which team or role is the best fit for you, that’s OK! Please feel free to connect with us and tell us more about you and your interests. We’re happy to see what opportunities might best align with your passions.
Americans for Prosperity seeks aPolicy Fellowto join its growing policy team to help foster critical national conversation about comprehensive regulatory reforms that will fundamentally reshape our regulatory process in the U.S.. Our philanthropic community is dedicated to breaking barriers that prevent people from reaching their full potential and improving their lives and the current regulatory processes at the state and federal level are an enormous barrier to opportunity. We seek a liberty-minded individual with solid policy experience in regulatory reform who recognizes that social and material progress are best enabled through economic and personal freedoms.
Our vision for a new regulatory environment is premised on the notion that regulation occurs most naturally and effectively through personal choice in a competitive market. The regulatory system as it currently exists at all levels of government in the United States has created a system of barriers to opportunity that stand in the way of people realizing their full potential. Systematic, structural and comprehensive reforms are needed at both the state and federal level to safely and strategically reduce those barriers facing Americans today and ensure that they will not be rebuilt in the future.
If you are excited to drive a national conversation around issues critical to the kind of regulatory reform laid out above and looking for an out-of-the-box policy career opportunity, apply below!
Your Responsibilities Include
- Help lead formulation of the team’s plans and activities in the Regulatory Reform issue area
- Develop and write research and policy reports that will directly contribute to AFP’s understanding of this critical issue
- Write and deliver public testimony at the state and federal levels
- Represent AFP through public speaking engagements at public forums, conferences, and other similar opportunities
- Publish research and opinion pieces in public outlets
- Advise and collaborate across our philanthropic community to develop strategies which advance our goals
- Represent AFP in public forums including seminars, scholarly panels, debates, and in print and broadcast media
- Review and help cultivate external partnership opportunities and make recommendations to key decision makers
- Mentoring policy analysts on the team and directing their research and writing efforts
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 10+ years of experience with expertise and an established area of Regulatory Reform or related areas
- Graduate level degree or equivalent work experience in economics, political science or related field
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker who understands the key thought leaders and organizations in their field of expertise
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Solid understanding of and passion for individual liberty and classical liberal philosophy
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high sense of urgency
Candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class. PM19
You are a valued business partner who takes pride in understanding your principal’s business portfolio. Strong in your ability to identify and anticipate needs, you understand that success or failure is determined by thoughtfulness and willingness to execute. As a strategic thinker, you connect task management to organizational priorities with a high degree of confidentiality, sense of urgency, and customer-focus. You enjoy being part of a team of administrative professionals who support one another and find fulfillment by helping others achieve success.
Does this sound like you? Then we encourage you to apply.
Our executive assistant needs at Stand Together are growing quickly in support of our organization’s vision and mission. By applying here, we will consider you for all current openings and future needs.
Together, we are advancing the vision of a free and open society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and mutual benefit. Come join us and do the kind of good that matters most.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Provide high-level administrative support to key principals within the organization
- Maintain a deep understanding of priorities in order to allocate principal’s time and resources appropriate
- Manage calendars, assemble meeting agenda
- Book and coordinate travel, itineraries and logistics
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, providing prompt and customer-focused service
- Process invoice payments and expense reports
- Track ongoing projects and their status; serve as liaison on behalf of your principal
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 1+ years of professional experience
- High school diploma or higher level of education
- Unparalleled attention to detail and an aggressive drive to take initiative, with the professionalism to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- A clear understanding of and excitement for Stand Together’s mission,
- Ability to think strategically about the principal’s time as an allocation of resources
- Demonstrated high-level of confidentiality, sense of judgment, ability to improvise and creatively problem-solve while maintaining composure
- Articulate and concise oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook (including expertise with Outlook’s calendar function), and PowerPoint
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Proficiency with Concur Expense Management software
- Proficiency with Salesforce
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.