Do you wish people could disagree but still have civil conversations? Are you frustrated that government at all levels can’t seem to get anything done? Do you want to bring people in Florida together to solve problems and get lawmakers to take action? If these questions ignite passion for you and you are ready to take action by mobilizing people to advance a cause that will change your community, apply today!
Americans for Prosperity advances policy reforms that help people improve their lives. Along with its affiliates The LIBRE Initiative and Concerned Veterans for America, Americans for Prosperity consists of millions of grassroots activists in all 50 states.
The Grassroots Engagement Director will identify, recruit, and engage grassroots leaders in the greater Tampa, FL area and mobilize them to take action and drive policy reform that open opportunities for all.
Please note this role would be based in the Tampa, Florida area.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Developing state-based strategies to advance state and federal policy priorities and desired outcomes
- Mobilizing volunteer communities in support of policy priorities and building capabilities to advance future priorities
- Planning and executing a variety of activities to educate and bring awareness to further strategies that advance our priorities
- Developing and executing on strategies to educate and engage the general public on our priority policy initiatives
- Managing a budget related to your activities, determining the best use of network funds towards making an impact, and achieving the outcomes desired for our priorities
- Serving as a community leader by leveraging local knowledge and building partnerships to solve problems in Florida
- Working with communities of activists to contact citizens (for example, sending text messages, making calls, or in-person door knocking) to educate and persuade the public to act on public policy initiatives
- Encouraging individuals and activist communities to become life-long learners and develop strategies for training and educational opportunities
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of state and federal policy landscapes
- Experience working with members of the community
- A drive to deepen your own knowledge and a focus on life-long learning
- A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts
- An ability to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve outcomes
- An excitement for thinking creatively and a willingness to experiment with new ways to engage and activate new volunteers
- A commitment to work with anyone to do good and advanced shared interests
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Strong knowledge of the greater Tampa area
Read about some examples of the positive impact our grassroots staff have made in the lives of Americans across the country.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Noticias de última hora: lo interrumpimos para presentarle su próxima oportunidad profesional.
You have an eye for what’s newsworthy and act with the perfect balance of timing and urgency. Quick on your feet. Proactive and persistent. Your determination to succeed and passion for your work earns you credibility with your team and with partners. This positions you to drive key media relations recommendations.
Sound familiar? If so, apply to join our communications team and you’ll contribute to the state and national media placement strategy for our organization’s top priorities. As our Communications Associate you’ll also get to work with The LIBRE Initiative press team to promote their work. Using your bilingual skills, you will also serve as the lead on translating content where needed.
Join us and become a part of the team raising awareness for new perspectives and ideas that help people accomplish great things for themselves and others.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Assisting with national and state communications efforts
- Drafting press advisories and statements for states campaigns and events
- Proactively identify media outlets and reporters to pitch news stories to for media coverage
- Tracking earned media on TV, radio and print outlets
- Lead on translating content such as op-eds, talking points, social media content, video subtitles
- Uploading content to various platforms: our websites, YouTube, intranet, etc.
- Assisting with media opportunities in the states (op-eds, radio, tv, print)
- Maintaining regular communication with LIBRE Field Directors
- Working with regional communications team to coordinate media efforts for state-led campaigns
- Work with the creative and digital team to produce material for state efforts
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 3+ years’ experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual: English and Spanish speaker and writer who can translate documents
- Willingness to collaborate
- Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage projects and timelines
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
Standout Applicants May Also Bring
- Experience in communications, marketing, media relations and/or public relations
- Existing contacts with media professionals at the state and local level, national contacts a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with media monitoring software (TV Eyes/Cision)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. #PM19