Stand Together Communications is seeking an experienced digital marketer to join our growing team. Our philanthropic community exists to empower those who seek to better themselves and others. We enable business leaders, grassroots activists, academic think tanks, andsocial change entrepreneurs to have an impact by developing effective communications strategies and campaigns that change the national conversation. Our focus is on amplifying good ideas that empower every person to realize their full potential.
The field is broad, the audiences are diverse, and the mission is clearly defined – now, we need the right strategy driver to help us realize our goals. Has the time come for you to take an organization’s digital strategies to the next level? Do you want your career to be about more than just a job? If this is you, then let’s talk – this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for to have an impact on a national scale.
As our Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll lead a digital marketing team that works with state chapters of the premier grassroots organizations Americans for Prosperity (AFP),Concerned Veterans for America (CVA), and The LIBRE Initiative (LIBRE).
This is a highly collaborative role. You’ll work internally and externally to create effective plans and products that help state chapters meet long-term goals while ensuring short-term needs are met.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Manage a team of digital marketing coordinators who serve state chapters of AFP, CVA, and LIBRE
- Lead the development of comprehensive digital marketing plans across state chapters that leverage owned digital properties, email marketing, and paid advertising to grow their communities of activists
- Collaborate with digital capabilities, including advertising, email, web development teams, and vendors to execute plans
- Drive proactive approaches to equipping state chapters with resources to be effective on social media
- Build relationships with state chapter staff and collaborate with the digital organizing team to organize trainings to keep them up to date with digital best practices
- Advise all state-level digital projects and ensure activities align with best practices and resources are allocated responsibly
- Ensure brand consistency and quality across state-based digital efforts
- Guide stakeholders to better branding decisions
Knowledge and Skills You Bring the Organization
- 4+ years of experience in a digital communications or marketing role
- 2+ years of experience supervising staff or managing a team
- Familiarity with digital trends and best practices
- Experience with social media platforms and digital content management systems
- Experience with digital advertising strategy and audience acquisition campaigns
- Strong critical thinking skills and a creative mindset to help develop effective engagement tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate
- Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage projects and timelines
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Familiarity with Sprinklr or similar enterprise social media management platforms
- Experience in an “account manager” type of role
- Experience marketing ideas or communicating government policy positions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Stand Together Foundation unleashes the power of community to solve our country’s toughest problems and help people improve their lives. We identify, support, and celebrate community-based organizations applying effective solutions to the driving causes of poverty. Through targeted programming, training, and organizational development we provide the resources and tools necessary for these catalysts for social change to grow, scale, and replicate their impact across the country.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Are you frustrated that government at all levels can’t seem to get anything done? Do you want to bring people in your state together to solve problems and get lawmakers to take action? Do you wish people could disagree but still have civil conversations? If these questions ignite passion for you, and you are ready to take action by mobilizing people to advance a cause that will change your community, apply today! The LIBRE Initiative is a project of AFP that champions the principles and values of a free and open society to empower the U.S. Hispanic community.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Mobilize volunteer communities in support of policy priorities and building capabilities to advance future priorities
- Serve as a community leader by leveraging local knowledge and building partnerships to solve problems in your state
- Work with communities of activists to contact citizens (for example, sending text messages, making calls, or in-person door knocking) to educate and persuade the public to act on public policy initiatives
- Encourage individuals and activist communities to become life-long learners and develop strategies for training and educational opportunities
- Develop state-based strategies to advance state and federal policy priorities, and desired outcomes
- Plan and execute a variety of activities to educate and bring awareness to advance our priorities
- Develop and execute on strategies to educate and engage the general public on our priority policy initiatives
- Manage a budget related to your activities, determining the best use of network funds towards making an impact and achieving the outcomes desired for our priorities
- Develop working relationships with coalition leaders
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building skills
- Must have knowledge on issues affecting the local and national Hispanic community
- Knowledge of New Mexico and federal policy landscapes
- Experience working with members of the community
- A drive to deepen your own knowledge and a focus on life-long learning
- A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts
- Spanish language proficiency
- An ability to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve outcomes
- An excitement for thinking creatively and a willingness to experiment with new ways to engage and activate new volunteers
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience with a grassroots organization
- Experience managing volunteers
- Event management experience
Read about some examples of the positive impact our grassroot staff have made in the lives of Americans across the country.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class. PM19